Are you ready to lead your team? You’ve been developing or testing software for a while and have led a few projects. Now you are ready to take on more responsibility.
Only, you’re not quite sure how to go about it. Your career has been growing steadily, but the leap to management has been out of your grasp.
Managing a team has a distinctive set of skills and behaviors, just like any other job. Management is a different job than being an engineer, even a lead. You need to learn how to do the management job.
The Software Leadership Academy’s Software Management Training will teach you all of the skills necessary to manage a high-performing software engineering team.
The leadership model behind the class has been proven time and time again in helping engineers advance their careers into management positions. The model also helps managers to advance to higher positions. These skills include:
- People Leadership – build and manage a strong team
- Project Management – deliver on time and manage your projects effectively
- Product Advocacy – think like your customer and help the team build the right product
- Process Leadership – stay on top of engineering best practices
- Technology Leadership – lead a team that is known for innovation
- Many leadership models and how to apply them
In addition to the leadership skills, the Software Management Training includes a proven roadmap to promotion, showing your leaders that you are ready for advancement.
Our trainer is a VP of Engineering, with over 30 years experience in software development, including 20 years in leadership. In his leadership roles, he has hired and coached dozens of test managers, and taught hundreds of engineers these techniques. He has a Masters in Computer Science and an MBA.
The Software Management Training course is currently in development. We are seeking beta testers to give us feedback.